· Continue the review of the 5000 series.
· Streamline-Alternate with presentations.
2. Building and Grounds needs:
a. annual review of building projects.
3. Continue Action Plans pertaining to the WELLNESS POLICY by:
a. including updates of the WELLNESS Committee in the principal’s report.
b. look at fresh produce (farm to school).
c. supporting 85210 student engagement.
4. To Gain an understanding of instructional programs by:
a. inviting teachers to present at Board meetings (Invite with time of 20 minutes & suggestions) (December, April, May).
b. continue program reviews by the Principal and Assistant Superintendent in identified areas of concern resulting from 2012 CMT results. Challenging students with rigorous curriculum needs to be reviewed as well. The review would include the study of a school improvement plan that will be based on data and student needs.
c. become familiar with common core and the new online assessment.
d. encourage student presentations.
e. Support PBIS (Positive Behavior Initative Support).
5. Institute a process of on-going professional development for the Board of Education by:
a. conduct orientation materials for new Board members. Include a “training” component as a monthly agenda item, i.e., Nutmeg Board scenarios.
b. attending CABE and other Board of education type conferences.
c. conducting annual self-review of Board effectiveness.
6. Public Awareness:
a. budget forums
b. posting/advertising meetings in multiple places (sign, website, newspaper).
c. encourage public participation.